HPNA Sponsored ELNEC Train-the-Trainer Courses
HPNA-sponsored ELNEC Train-the-Trainer courses support the End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) project which is a national and international education initiative to improve palliative care, in collaboration with City of Hope in Duarte, CA. and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) in Washington, DC. The project provides training in palliative care with essential information to practicing nurses and nursing students, including undergraduate and graduate nursing faculty, continuing education providers, staff development educators, specialty nurses in pediatrics, oncology, critical care, geriatrics, and advanced practice nurses. ELNEC also welcomes other health care professionals.
HPNA’s ELNEC Train-the-Trainer Courses provide nurses with education in hospice and palliative nursing, preparing them to serve as instructors teaching this critical information to practicing nurses and other healthcare professionals within their local communities, organizations, and institutions.
HPNA’s ELNEC Train-the-Trainer course content is divided into modules, with each accompanied by desired learning outcomes, content outlines, PowerPoint slides, talking points for each slide, references, case studies, and supplemental teaching materials. Additional resources include best practices in incorporating ELNEC into educational practice as a national ELNEC Trainer.
ELNEC Train-the-Trainer course attendees receive the following:
- Updated curricula/detailed syllabus, with a PDF containing the complete syllabus for training, PowerPoint slides, supplemental teaching materials, and an extensive reference list.
- The Complete ELNEC module series to include Palliative Nursing Care at the End of Life, Pain Management, Symptom Management, Communication, Cultural and Ethical Considerations, Final Hours, Loss, Grief and Bereavement, and Self Care.
- The Oxford Textbook of Palliative Nursing, 5th ed., 2019 (editors Betty Ferrell, Nessa Coyle, and Judy Paice).
- Resource materials include leadership building in palliative nursing, module-specific communication vignettes/videos, case studies, role-play exercises, and other learner engagement strategies to support successful training.
- 14.75 ANCC Nursing Continuing Professional Development (NCPD) Credit Hours (60-minutes per credit hour) awarded in blended activity learning to include pre-work and 4.0 Category One Designated Pharmacotherapeutic Credits for successful completion.
- A Certificate of Award for completing the National ELNEC Train-the-Trainer course designating attendees as an ELNEC Trainer.
The Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of Nursing Continuing Professional Development (NCPD) by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Provider Number P0284.
Click here to view a sample agenda.
Want to learn more about ELNEC? Visit www.aacnnursing.org/ELNEC
Registrations that are cancelled in writing up to 3 weeks prior to the event will be refunded minus a $100 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than 3 weeks prior to the event will be refunded minus a $250 administrative fee. Cancellations received within 1 week or less of the event will not be refunded. Extraordinary circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If a registrant would like to transfer their course registration to another person or would like to move their registration to the next HPNA ELNEC Train-the-Trainer national course, there is a $50 fee to transfer. Please contact the HPNA Education Department about cancellations at email@example.com. Cancellation requests must be received in writing.
Follow this link to access ELNEC Support for Nurses During COVID-19: https://www.aacnnursing.org/ELNEC/COVID-19