Online Exam Application
The Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center has partnered with the testing service PSI to offer this online exam application process listed below. Paper applications are also available and are located in each candidate handbook. Applicants MUST submit a paper application if requesting special testing accommodations (ADA related).
Applicant must be prepared to provide:
- HPNA membership number to determine eligibility for membership discount (if applicable)
- HPCC certification number for candidates renewing the credential
- Choice of test assessment center if scheduling an appointment online. Test locations are the same for all exams.
- Credit card information (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
The applicant provides personal data and choice of specialty exam on application form housed on a secure PSI website (Please provide your HOME address on your online application as ADDRESS 1) by the online application deadline date.
Applicant receives notice of fee validation for the selected exam which is based upon:
- Current hospice and palliative certification in the exam level selected
- Current membership status in HPNA. Applicants must have their HPNA membership number in order to receive a member discount. If an application for a new HPNA membership has been made the same day as an application for a certification exam, the non-member exam fee will display, and the applicant must agree to pay the non-member fee to complete the exam application process.
Applicant reviews information and agrees. Applicant completes the process of applying for the next scheduled certification exam which includes the provision of credit card information for billing at time of application. The applicant will receive online verification of application receipt from the testing company, PSI.
The current online application is for the upcoming certification exam window only, and the application must be received by the testing company on or before 11:59 pm Central Time on the exam deadline date. For clarification of any specific concerns or questions, contact the HPCC national office via email at [email protected] or by phone at 412-787-1057.
For technical assistance with online applications, please contact PSI at 833-256-1422.
Attention active CHPLN and CHPNA certificants completing an application for recertification: If you are not currently a member of HPNA, please contact the HPCC national office to obtain important information regarding your certification before completing your exam application for recertification. Please email [email protected] or call 412-787-1057 and a staff member will assist you within 1 business day. We hope to hear from you soon!
As a reminder, the online application deadline for the March 2022 testing window has been extended to February 28, 2022 and paper applications will be accepted by February 15, 2022. The paper application can be found in the candidate handbook of the exam you plan to take. Thank you for your patience.
Begin Online Exam Application