The Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation offers certification scholarships each year. These scholarships are for new and renewal HPCC certification and are determined on a rolling monthly basis. In each round, awards will be given with a preference for at least one at each level of certification ~ advanced practice, registered nurse, pediatric registered nurse, licensed practical/vocational nurse, nursing assistant, administrator, and perinatal loss care.
The scholarships are competitive and provide reimbursement of certification fees to eligible individuals selected from the applicant pool by the certification scholarship review committee consisting of HPNF board members and HPNA members. Applicants may be new or renewing certificants, and can apply for this scholarship up to 12 months after they pass their certification exam or are recertified. The HPNF certification scholarship review committee takes into account your adherence to submission guidelines, completeness of application, and quality of responses when reviewing applications of the applicant pool.
- Hold a current HPNA membership when taking the test or submitting an HPAR packet.
- Personally pay for exam or HPAR fee.
- Individuals who have been reimbursed for their certification/recertification fees by any other institution or organization are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Submit a completed certification scholarship application including all required attachments
- Copy of the testing company certification acknowledgement letter indicating that you have passed the exam or HPCC letter indicating successful renewal of certification by the HPAR method
- One professional letter of reference from a supervisor, preferably a nurse on professional letterhead
- Resume or CV (2 pages or less)
- Essay, minimum 250 words and maximum two pages, describing:
- Your dedication to hospice and palliative care
- Your commitment to volunteerism
- Your professional goals
- Why certification is important to you
- Submit all materials on or before the deadline below.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with the deadline on the first of every month.