Certification Review Courses
HPNA supports nurses desiring to advance their professional development with specialty certification by making available Certification Review Courses. Each course is designed to assist with preparation for the HPCC certification examination by highlighting self-identifying topics that require further preparation and study.. The educational content may also be used to increase the hospice and palliative nurse’s knowledge of general palliative nursing. Modules refer to content from their respective Core Curriculums, and each module addresses sections of the test content from the respective HPCC Candidate Handbook. To better serve you, we offer two types of certification review courses, 1.) Live Virtual Certification Review Courses, 2.) Self-Paced Online Certification Review Course.
Participation in an HPNA certification review course does not guarantee success in passing a certification examination
. For additional information, please contact the HPNA education department at 412-787-9301 or by email at [email protected]
. Group Review Courses are also available through HPNA's Employer Partner Program
. Learn more about hosting a group course.
Live Virtual Certification Review Courses
Live Virtual Certification Review Courses are offered on a monthly basis and are facilitated by nationally recognized subject matter experts. These eight-hour, instructor led, intensive courses are taught in modules and are accompanied by slide presentations and associated PDF handouts. Upon successful completion of the course, NCPD/Pharm Credits will be awarded.
Click on a course below to register.
- January 29, 2021: ACHPN
- February 19, 2021: CHPPN
- April 16, 2021: CHPLN
- May 14, 2021: ACHPN
- June 18, 2021: CHPN
- July 17, 2021: ACHPN
- August 13, 2021: CHPN
- September 10, 2021: CHPPN
- November 5, 2021: CHPN
- October 15, 2021: CHPLN
- December 10, 2021: ACHPN
- ACHPN Live Certification Review Course: $350
- CHPN Live Certification Review Course: $350
- CHPPN Live Certification Review Course: $350
- CHPLN Live Certification Review Course: $300
Self-Paced Online Certification Review Courses
Self-paced Online Certification Review Courses include individual modules with accompanying slide presentations and associated PDF handouts, faculty supported audio, and post-course attestation and evaluation. You will have access to the course for three months. When you have completed each of the modules, your course CNE certificate will be provided following your online attestation of completion and submission of the course evaluation.
|ACHPN Certification Review Course
- Clinical Judgement
- Scientific Knowledge
- Education and Communication
- Systems Based Practice
- Evidence Based Practice, Quality Improvement,
- The ACHPN Examination – Overview, Test Talking
Strategies, and Application
|CHPN Certification Review Course
- Overview, Test Taking Strategies, and Application
- Patient Care: Life-Limiting Conditions in Adult Patients
- Patterns of Disease Progression
- Pain Management
- Basics of Opioid Conversion
- Symptom Management
- Patient and Family Care, Education, and Advocacy
- Practice Issues
|CHPPN Certification Review Course
- Management of Conditions and Symptoms: Neurological,
Cardiovascular, and Respiratory
- Management of Conditions and Symptoms: Apply the Nursing
Process to Actual of Potential Symptoms Neurological,
- Management of Conditions and Symptoms: Hematological,
GI, GU, Musculoskeletal, Skin, Nutrition, and Immune System
- Management of Conditions and Symptoms: Psychological,
Emotional, and End-of-Life
- Management of Pain
- Family Centered Care, Education Grief and Bereavement
- Practice Issues
Register for each certification review course below. Upon purchasing the course, you will be registered for three months of access. You will receive an email with the course link to gain access to the course. Please be sure to complete the course and print your certificate before the course expires.
ACHPN® Registration CHPN® Registration CHPPN® Registration
Online Course Reminders
- Each certification review course is a self-paced online course for individual use.
- Course access is 3 months (course access begins upon registration).
- If you are purchasing a course from HPNA for the second time, please send an email to [email protected] so we can activate your next learning module.
- Download your candidate handbook.
- Participation in a review course does not guarantee successful completion of a certification exam
- Need help or have questions? Send an e-mail to [email protected]
ACHPN Certification Review Courses
CHPN Certification Review Courses
CHPPN Certification Review Courses
Each Certification Review Course is $265 ($165 for HPNA members)
Contact Hours Awarded
All three online certification review courses offer nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) contact hours and designated pharmacology hours as noted below. These are awarded upon the successful completion of all the modules of the self-paced online program.
- 8.75 NCPD credit hours and 4.0 designated pharmacy hours awarded for the ACHPN course
- 8.75 NCPD credit hours and 4.0 designated pharmacy hours awarded for the CHPN course
- 9.5 NCPD credit hours and 4.0 designated pharmacy hours awarded for the CHPPN course
The Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation Provider number P0284.
HPNA wants you to be satisfied with your purchase. If you find that a purchased online certification review course does not meet your training needs, you may request a full refund within 30 days from your date of purchase, as long as no more than one module has been completed. No CE certificates will be awarded for partial completion. Please contact the HPNA Education Department for cancellation at [email protected]
All cancellation requests must be received in writing through [email protected]
Activity Desired Learning Outcomes
Click Here for a List of Desired Learning Outcomes for All Three Courses