Welcome to the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association, a community of nearly 10,000 healthcare professionals dedicated to advancing expert care in serious illness.
Click here to learn more about the Member Get a Member referral program. Referrals will be accepted until October 31, 2022.
Click on the corresponding links below to apply online. The membership application is also available for download.
$125 for one year, $230 for two years
For current Registered Nurses and APRNs
$90 for one year, $165 for two years
For current Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses
$55 for one year, $100 for two years
For current Nursing Assistants
$60 for one year, $115 for two years
For RNs age 70 or over who are no longer working
$125 per year
For those not covered in other categories
$0 per year
For full-time students who are not licensed
We offer a wide range of benefits with your membership, including the following:
- Online e-learning courses, including continuing nursing educational credits (CNEs)
- Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center certification and recertification exam discounts
- Online subscription to the Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing
- Monthly Journal of Palliative Medicine email alert with option for discounted subscription
- Member pricing on educational products and services
- Updates on association activities through a weekly eNewsletter, HPNA Happenings
- Over 45 chapters across the United States
- Members only section of the web site including special interest groups, blogs, educational and cultural diversity resources, member search, and more
- Networking opportunities through our yearly events, through the members only site, local chapter meetings, and other opportunities.
All memberships are based on anniversary date, e.g. a one-year membership purchased in March will be valid through March of the following year. MasterCard and Visa credit cards are accepted for payment, but foreign checks cannot be accepted. Non-U.S. residents, please pay by credit card. Membership dues are not tax deductible as charitable contributions, but they may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses. 7.3 % of your payment will be spent on HPNA lobbying efforts with the intention to influence legislation, and is therefore, not deductible as a business expense.