Welcome to the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association, a community of nearly 10,000 healthcare professionals dedicated to advancing expert care in serious illness.
Click on the corresponding links below to apply online. The membership application is also available for download.
$125 for one year, $230 for two years
For current Registered Nurses and APRNs
$90 for one year, $165 for two years
For current Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses
$55 for one year, $100 for two years
For current Nursing Assistants
$60 for one year, $115 for two years
For RNs age 70 or over who are no longer working
$125 per year
For those not covered in other categories
$0 per year
For full-time students who are not licensed
We offer a wide range of benefits with your membership, including the following:
- Online e-learning courses, including continuing nursing educational credits (CNEs)
- Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center certification and recertification exam discounts
- Online subscription to the Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing
- Monthly Journal of Palliative Medicine email alert with option for discounted subscription
- Member pricing on educational products and services
- Updates on association activities through a weekly eNewsletter, HPNA Happenings
- Over 45 chapters across the United States
- Members only section of the web site including special interest groups, blogs, educational and cultural diversity resources, member search, and more
- Networking opportunities through our yearly events, through the members only site, local chapter meetings, and other opportunities.
All memberships are based on anniversary date, e.g. a one-year membership purchased in March will be valid through March of the following year. MasterCard and Visa credit cards are accepted for payment, but foreign checks cannot be accepted. Non-U.S. residents, please pay by credit card. Membership dues are not tax deductible as charitable contributions, but they may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses. 7.3 % of your payment will be spent on HPNA lobbying efforts with the intention to influence legislation, and is therefore, not deductible as a business expense.