Application Due Date: October 1, 2021
Number of Scholarships Available: 4
The Leader Scholarship is a component of the 2021 HPNA Year of Leadership initiative and provides financial assistance to nursing professionals seeking leadership development opportunities. The scholarship is intended to cover or supplement attendance into one of the programs or conferences listed below, and assist with travel or associated educational costs (program materials, learning needs, etc.). The programs below were selected based on the program's history, objectives, and application to leadership in hospice and palliative nursing. If the applicant has been accepted into an alternate program based on the applicant's individual leadership goals, it will be considered for review and award.
- Duke-Johnson & Johnson Nurse Leadership Program
- Johns Hopkins Nursing Leadership Academy
- National League for Nursing Leadership Institute
- Nursing Alliance Leadership Academy
The awardee will receive up to $1,500 towards their program costs. Awarded funds will be sent directly to the selected program and must be utilized by December 31, 2022.
Submit a complete Leader Scholarship application and an essay as listed on the application to [email protected]g on or before October 1, 2021.
Provide an essay and address each of the following points. Please note: spelling, grammar, and syntax will be evaluated. 600 word maximum.
1. Describe your commitment to hospice and palliative care.
2. Explain your goals surrounding leadership within hospice and palliative care.
3. Explain how you will use this leadership scholarship and experience to further your career goals and contribute to advancing the care of patients with serious illness in hospice and palliative care.
Download the Leader Scholarship Application