Emerging Leaders Award
Application Due Date: November 15, 2021
Number of Awards Available: 30
As part of HPNA's Year of Leadership, we are pleased to introduce a new Emerging Leaders Award. This award is designed to celebrate and encourage early career hospice and palliative nurses. HPNF would like to recognize the BJC Institute for Palliative and Supportive Care for its generous support of this award.
30 awards will given in 2021. Applicants must be under the age of 40 OR have less than five years experience in hospice and palliative nursing.
Recipients of the Emerging Leaders Award will receive a 1-year HPNA membership, plaque, pin, and recognition at the 2022 Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care in Nashville, TN.
- Be an HPNA member
- Be under the age of 40 OR have less than five years experience in hospice and palliative nursing
- Demonstrate significant leadership in hospice and/or palliative nursing
To apply or nominate someone for the Emerging Leaders Award, please submit the following by November 15, 2021. Self nominations are encouraged!
- Online application form
- High resolution headshot
- Respond to the following two questions in no more than 200 words each. Spelling and grammar will be taken into consideration.
- Q1: Describe how the nominee has demonstrated significant leadership or has made significant contributions to hospice and palliative nursing.
- Q2: Share the nominee's past involvement/engagement with HPNA.
The HPNF Awards Selection Committee considers the applicant's adherence to submission guidelines, completeness of applications, and quality of responses when selecting award recipients. For questions, please reach out to [email protected] or 412-787-9316.
Emerging Leaders Award Checklist