Judy Lentz Scholarship
The purpose of the Judy Lentz Scholarship for the Advancement of Palliative Care in Oncology Nursing is to enhance nursing excellence in palliative care by providing educational opportunities for registered nurses. This scholarship opportunity, created in 2012, is offered in the name of Judy Lentz, retired CEO of the Alliance for Excellence in Hospice and Palliative Nursing, in recognition of her passion and lifelong dedication to oncology nursing and palliative care.
The Judy Lentz Scholarship for the Advancement of Palliative Care in Oncology Nursing provides a registered nurse (RN), who is a member of the Oncology Nursing Society, with a one-year RN membership (new or renewal) to HPNA, conference registration for the next year’s Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care, and a $1,500 stipend check for travel, room and meals.
This scholarship opportunity is offered once annually. The scholarship is competitive and the winner is selected from the applicant pool by the Judy Lentz Scholarship for the Advancement of Palliative Care in Oncology Nursing Review Committee consisting of HPNF board members and HPNA members. The committee takes into account your adherence to submission guidelines, completeness of applications, and quality of responses when reviewing applications.
- Be a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Be a member of the Oncology Nursing Society
- Preference will be given to those active in the field of oncology
Submit a completed Judy Lentz Scholarship for the Advancement of Palliative Care in Oncology Nursing Application including all required attachments as listed on the application to HPNF by email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 1 of each year. Those attachments include the following:
- Resume or CV
- Two letters of recommendation (one letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor on professional letterhead and one letter of recommendation from an ONS chapter leader).
- Copy of RN license or other verification of RN
- Copy of ONS membership card or other verification of ONS membership
- Essay, maximum two pages, following the guidelines provided on the application.
Judy Lentz Application