The Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation established the conference scholarship program to provide financial assistance to nursing professionals for attending conferences, such as the Clinical Practice Forum, HPNA sponsored End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) events, and the Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care. These scholarships support nurses who wish to augment their professional development and leadership skills in hospice and palliative care.
Scholarships are awarded to HPNA members to cover the early conference registration fees. Promotional codes will be offered that will be used to cover the cost of registration, eliminating up front and out of pocket expense. Reimbursement for travel costs will be completed after the conference, upon HPNF receiving conference travel related receipts. The reimbursable travel amounts, and the value of the scholarships, will vary dependent upon which conference is attended.
The scholarships are competitive and winners are selected from the applicant pool by a conference scholarship review committee consisting of HPNF board members and HPNA members. The HPNF conference scholarship review committee takes into account your adherence to submission guidelines, completeness of applications, and quality of responses when reviewing the applicant pool.
Below is a list of conferences where scholarships are available.
- HPNA Clinical Practice Forum (registration & travel stipend)
- HPNA/ELNEC Core Train-the-Trainer courses (registration & travel stipend)
- HPNA/ELNEC Pediatric Palliative Care Train-the-Trainer courses
- Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care (registration)
- ACHPN/CHPN Certification Review Courses - live courses only (registration & travel stipend)
- Hold a current HPNA membership, unless otherwise noted.
- Be involved in palliative nursing.
- No reimbursement by another individual or professional association for a conference registration.
- Submit a completed conference scholarship application available below, including all required attachments to HPNF by email at email@example.com.
- Resume or CV (preferably 2 pages or less).
- See application for full guidelines.
- Submit all materials on or before the deadline specified below.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be sent a Registration Promo Code to register for the event.
- If you do not receive a scholarship, you will still be able to register for the event at the early bird rate.
- Annual Assembly scholarship applications are due on Tuesday, January 1, 2019
- HPNA Clinical Practice Forum scholarship applications are due by Monday, July 22, 2019.
- HPNA/ELNEC scholarship applications are due TBA.