- Children's Information
- Information Collection
- Information Use
- Information Sharing
- External Links
- Access to and Control of Information
- Data Security
- Data Retention
- Data Transfer
- Contact Information
The website and our services and products are not directed towards children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we become aware that a child has provided us with information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our records.
Information Provided Voluntarily
- Visitor or Member Information: We will collect personal information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your name, employer's name, job title, mailing address(es), email address(es), telephone number(s), fax number, photograph, and date of birth. Such information is necessary to facilitate your access to, use of, purchase of, or participation in our service and product offerings, including, but not limited to: membership, events, meetings, or conferences; educational programs; and online forums.
- Payment Information: If you choose to purchase a product or service, we and/or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information, including, but not limited to, your credit or debit card number, card verification value (CVV) number, and expiration date.
Information Collected Automatically
- Automated Information: Your web browser or mobile device automatically provides information when you visit the website, including, but not limited to, your internet protocol (IP) address or unique device identifier.
- Log Files: Log files store information such as a user's IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. Like most websites, the HPNA, HPNF, and HPCC website uses log files to analyze trends, administer the website, and track users' movement on the website.
HPNA uses the information that we collect to provide our services and products and to operate our business. We may use and store such information for legitimate and lawful business purposes, for example, in order to:
- provide a service or product you requested;
- secure your membership status;
- fulfill your membership benefits;
- analyze, evaluate, and improve member and prospective member needs and interests, and improve the member and prospective member experience;
- notify you of HPNA, HPNF, or HPCC official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits;
- track exam, event, meeting, and conference attendance;
- track education and certification related activities;
- prepare invoices and process payments;
- respond to communication and inquiries that you send to us;
- respond to a notice of alleged copyright infringement;
- promote the function, safety, and security of our services; and
- for other legitimate and lawful businesses purposes.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, we rely on multiple legal bases to collect, use, share, or otherwise, process your personal data, including that:
- you have a given consent, which you may withdraw at any time;
- it is necessary for us to perform a contract with you;
- it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations;
- it is necessary for our or a third party's legitimate interests;
- it is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions; and/or
- it is necessary to protect someone's life.
To the extent we rely on our legitimate interests as a legal basis to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, those interests include: providing a product or service you requested; securing your membership status; fulfilling your membership benefits; analyzing, evaluating, and improving member and prospect member needs and interests; notifying you of HPNA, HPNF, or HPCC official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits; tracking event, meeting, and conference attendance; tracking education related activities; preparing invoices and processing payments; responding to communications and inquiries that you send to us; responding to a notice of alleged copyright infringement; and promoting the function, safety, and security of our services.
Personal information may be given to a third party in order to complete a specific business transaction on behalf of HPNA. Such transactions include the following:
- Your name and contact information, as provided to HPNA, may be shared with HPNA's partners or other members to provide a service, satisfy a question, or develop a prospective business relationship. We are not responsible for members' use or misuse of your personal information.
- Your name and contact information, as provided to HPNA, may appear on registration or attendee lists distributed at HPNA programs, events, meetings, and conferences to other attendees and third parties, including, but not limited to, exhibitors or sponsors. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by exhibitors, sponsors, or the like.
- We may share your personal information with third-parties that provide services to HPNA including, but not limited to, administration/operation support; marketing, promotions, and communications; program, event, meeting, or conference enrollment, registration, planning, hosting, or management; website hosting; database management; payment card processing; or other data processing.
- We may sell your name and contact information, as provided to HPNA, to third-parties wishing to advertise their products, publications, and/or services.
- We may disclose personal information if we become subject to a subpoena, court order, or law enforcement or other government agency inquiry or investigation or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose such information. We also may use and disclose information about you to establish or exercise our legal rights to enforce the Website Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
- If all or part of HPNA (or HPNF or HPCC) is merged into or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer the personal information you provide to us to such entity as part of that transaction.
There are external links to other websites throughout the website. Please not that HPNA is not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites and hereby disclaim any liability or responsibility in connection with such linked websites.
Access to and Control of Information
HPNA takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information seriously, and we will provide you with reasonable access to and control of the personal information that you have provided with us. You may request to update your personal information or to opt in to or opt out of any service offerings at any time.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, you may have additional rights concerning your personal data, such as to access, obtain a copy of, correct, or delete that information or to withdraw your consent or object to the collection, use, sharing, or other processing of that information. To make any requests with respect to your personal information, please contact HPNA as set forth below in the Contact Information section.
We employ reasonable security measures to protect your personal information. Online registration and information, such as payment card information, will be secured using a commercially accepted method of encryption. However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission is completely infallible, and we cannot guarantee its absolute safety. If you become aware of any breach of website security, please contact us immediately.
If you are visiting the website from outside the United States, please we aware that you are sending information, including personal data, to the United States where our servers are located. That information may then be transferred within the United States or to other countries outside the United States other than your country of residence. Countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, may have data privacy and protection laws that differ from, and potentially provide less protection than, the applicable laws in your country of residence.
If you have questions, please contact us at:
Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association
400 Lydia Street, Suite 103
Carnegie, Pennsylvania 15106