About the Annual Assembly
This is the meeting that will capture your heart, re-energize your spirit, and stimulate your mind. Learn the latest in hospice and palliative care at more than 200 educational sessions spanning 28 hours of learning time, mixed in with self care and engagement activities. Click here for the 2020 Annual Assembly Brochure.
The Annual Assembly is designed for nurses, physicians, pharmacists, physician assistants, social workers, and chaplains interested in acquiring, maintaining, or expanding the skills needed to function effectively in the field of hospice and palliative care.
The Annual Assembly leverages the expertise of both HPNA and AAHPM to advance the field, educate their members and other healthcare professionals, and improve quality of life for those affected by serious illness by sharing the best available evidence.
The participant will be able to:
- incorporate advances in knowledge into daily practice and patient care
- apply sound communication principles with patients, families, and interdisciplinary teams
- utilize interdisciplinary care principles to identify and manage physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and cultural issues and goals of care for patients and families affected by serious illness
- identify ethical, regulatory, and legal concerns related to hospice and palliative care
- summarize current research findings in hospice and palliative care and describe their relevance to the care and treatment of patients with serious illness
- develop and apply effective strategies for self-care and resilience
- identify opportunities and strategies for effective leadership, mentoring, and networking within the field of hospice and palliative care
- discuss effective strategies and challenges for the delivery of hospice and palliative care in diverse settings
- apply effective strategies in teaching/learning situations
- identify opportunities to advance the practice and sustainability of hospice and palliative care within the changing healthcare and political environment through policy and advocacy at the local and national level
Impact the care of your patients.
Approach your patients' care with the latest scientific research, and share your new knowledge with your hospice and palliative care team to provide optimal care.
Make connections with colleagues - find your tribe.
Connect with 3,400 hospice and palliative care professionals who face similar challenges as you. Share best practices, ask burning questions, and build relationships.
Reignite your passion!
Rediscover why you entered the hospice and palliative care field and bring the passion and energy you gained back home to inspire your team.
Discover the thrills of San Diego.
Stay an extra day or two to enjoy the city of San Diego - explore new activities, meet up with friends, enjoy arts and culture, visit the beautiful parks and gardens, walking along the beaches and bays, or dine at an outdoor restaurant.
Join the best party in hospice and palliative care.
See what the 2019 Annual Assembly was all about and what you can experience with us in San Diego, March 18-21, 2020.
February 17-20, 2021 Denver, CO
February 9-12, 2022 Nashville, TN
March 22-25, 2023 Montreal, Canada