Approved Educator Program
The HPNA Approved Educator Program (AEP) recognizes the importance of high-quality continuing nursing education (CNE) and skills-based competency program offerings. HPNA Approved Educators (AEs) are registered nurses who have completed the HPNA Approved Educators process of establishing qualifications of licensed professionals and assessing their experience and eligibility for endorsement.
The HPNA Approved Educator supports this organization’s mission by advancing the education of nurses, support team members, and the community which includes:
- Conducting employer orientation for employees new to hospice and palliative care
- Planning/Coordinating/Conducting internal and external clinical education for the hospice and palliative nurse courses*
- Planning/Coordinating/Conducting Chapter CE offerings*
- Providing community educational in-service presentations on hospice and palliative care
- Providing clinical and community hospice and palliative nursing updates
* Approved Educators are not authorized by HPNA to offer or present CHPN or ACHPN Certification Review Courses
To apply to become an HPNA Approved Educator, you must be an HPNA member, and you must apply through the link on the home page of the HPNA member portal.