Sandra Lee Schafer Certification Scholarship
This year, HPNF will provide 28 scholarships to nurses nationwide to cover the cost certification fees and are valid for those earning a new Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center (HPCC) certification or those who are renewing their current HPCC certification. Individuals can apply for the scholarships before or after taking the exam.
- If you earned or recertified your ACHPN, CHPN, CHPPN, CHPLN CHPNA, CHPCA, or CPLC credential since January 2020, or plan to before December 31, 2021
- Personally pay for the exam or HPAR fee
- Individuals who have been reimbursed for their certification/recertification fees by any other institution or organization are not eligible for this scholarship
Submit a completed certification scholarship application including all required attachments:
- One professional letter of reference from a supervisor or manager on letterhead.
- Provide a 250-word essay and address each of the following points for the Awards Selection Committee (please note, spelling, grammar, and syntax will be evaluated):
- Professional long/short term goals
- Why certification is important
Sandra Lee Schafer Certification Scholarship Application