Sandra Lee Schafer Certification Scholarship
This year, HPNF will provide 28 scholarships to nurses nationwide to cover the cost certification fees and are valid for those earning a new Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center (HPCC) certification or those who are renewing their current HPCC certification. Individuals can apply for the scholarships before or after taking the exam and will be reimbursed after successfully passing the exam or after their certification renewal is approved.
- If you earned or recertified your ACHPN, CHPN, CHPPN, CHPLN CHPNA, CHPCA, or CPLC credential in 2021
- Personally pay for the exam or HPAR fee
- Individuals who have been reimbursed for their certification/recertification fees by any other institution or organization are not eligible for this scholarship
Submit a completed certification scholarship application including all required attachments:
- One professional letter of reference from a supervisor or manager on letterhead.
- Resume or CV 2 pages or less
- Provide a 250-word essay and address each of the following points for the Awards Selection Committee (please note, spelling, grammar, and syntax will be evaluated):
- Professional long/short term goals
- Why certification is important
Sandra Lee Schafer Certification Scholarship Application