Sandra Lee Schafer Certification Scholarship
Sandra (Sandy) Lee Schafer, MN, RN, AOCN
This scholarship was developed in honor of the late Sandy Schafer. Sandy served as director of credentialing for the Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center (HPCC) and worked with the organization for 14 years. Sandy was instrumental in the credentialing of tens of thousands of nurses and other members of the interdisciplinary team. She displayed great passion for professional certification and worked tirelessly to promote its value. Learn more about Sandy.
In 2022, HPNF will provide 20 scholarships to nurses nationwide to cover the cost of certification fees. Valid for those earning a new Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center (HPCC) certification or those who are renewing their current HPCC certification. Individuals can apply for the scholarships before or after taking the exam.
- If you earned or recertified your ACHPN, CHPN, CHPPN, CHPLN CHPNA, CHPCA, or CPLC credential since January 2022, or plan to before December 31, 2022.
- Personally pay for the exam or HPAR fee
- Individuals who have been reimbursed for their certification/recertification fees by any other institution or organization are not eligible for this scholarship
Submit a completed certification scholarship application including all required attachments:
- One professional letter of reference from a supervisor or manager on letterhead.
- Provide a 250-word maximum essay and address each of the following points for the Awards Selection Committee:
- Professional long/short term goals
- Why certification is important
Sandra Lee Schafer Certification Scholarship Application
This scholarship means a lot to me because it recognizes my passion for palliative care and helping others strive for certification. I want to serve my patients, other healthcare members, and my community through palliative care. This scholarship provided me with a certification that shows my dedication and value in palliative care. - Samantha Langley, MSN, APRN, AGCNS-BC