COVID-19 Updates for HPCC Certification Candidates
Updated June 23, 2020
HPCC and its testing vendor, PSI, are continuing to monitor the latest developments associated with the global spread of COVID-19. From the beginning of the outbreak, we have followed strict safety procedures in line with federal, state, and local guidelines as well as guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). At all times, our top priority has been the health, safety, and well-being of our candidates. We recognize that these have been difficult and usual times over the last few months, but together we are making great strides in returning HPCC testing and services to normal.
PSI now has over 98% of its owned and operated sites opened. As a result of this positive news, you will notice when you access the test center site list, https://www.psionline.com/openings/, that we are now showing opened sites, the address, and the capacity of that testing center.
Test Center Safety
- A health questionnaire will continue to be provided to candidates prior to the examination. All candidates must wear face masks while in the testing center.
- Candidates must complete the questionnaire and bring it with them on their testing day. If a candidate fails to bring the required questionnaire, one will be provided on-site. If a candidate answers, 'yes', to any of the first four questions, they will need to reschedule their exam. Candidates should not travel to the testing center where they will be denied admission. HPCC recommends that candidates use the self-service option, https://www.psionline.com/test-takers/ or contact PSI via email or phone to reschedule their exam.
- If a candidate fails to bring and wear a face mask during the examination, they will be requested to leave the test site. Candidates will be requested to remove the face mask briefly during check-in to verify identity as well as capture the photograph of the candidate.
- Candidates may wear gloves during the examination. Gloves will need to be examined by the test site administrator during check-in and check-out.
- Candidates are required to discard face masks and gloves outside of the testing center in a safe and sanitary manner.
Testing Center (PSI) Employees
- Test site administrators are being provide face masks, hand sanitizers, and antibacterial wipes.
- Testing sites are focused on safe distancing in the lobby area for candidates as well as PSI employees. As a results, candidates may be requested to wait outside of the building or in the hallway during the candidate check-in process.
- In addition, all testing equipment will be thoroughly wiped down following each test administration.
HPCC testing centers will continue to have signage reminding candidates of the social distancing protocols. On the signage, candidates will see the main PSI support number, but HPCC highly recommends candidates either wall the program specific number or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Information regarding the safety and sanitation procedures at HPCC test sites can be found https://www.psionline.com/wp-content/uploads/psi-services-covid-19-faqs.pdf
HPCC thanks all candidates for your partnership in this environment and remind you that HPCC staff continue to be available to you for your questions and needs during this time. We hope you continue to stay safe and healthy.
Updated June 1, 2020
HPCC testing vendor, PSI, began an official re-opening of domestic owned and operated test centers on May 1st, with most sites open by May 18th. As of today, 168 of its 187 US owned and operated sites are now open. Please note that testing centers are open at 50% capacity in order to adhere to social distancing. This could mean scheduling availability may not be immediate. We are monitoring capacity and working with PSI to offer as many options as possible to candidates, including plans to expand sessions and open 7 days a week. Due to the 50% capacity to assure social distancing and everyone's safety, PSI is methodically working through scheduling and rescheduling as needed. We recognize that some candidates may experience longer call wait times during this period of time. PSI is monitoring and adjusting staffing to help absorb this increased demand.
As a reminder for HPCC candidates:
- For the remaining closed test centers, you can access the list here
- Information regarding the safety and sanitation procedures at test sites can be found here: COVID-19 FAQ Sheet
- Candidates are encouraged to check their email and voice mails often in order to review communication regarding last-minute updates regarding their scheduled test date.
- To contact PSI regarding testing services, please call 833-256-1422 or visit https://www.psionline.com/contact
For clarification of any specific concerns or questions, contact the HPCC national office via email at email@example.com or by phone at 412-787-1057
Updated April 28, 2020:
HPCC is encouraging all candidates scheduled for testing in 2020 to regularly check our testing partner's website (PSI) for COVID-19 operational updates and procedures. Please see below for the latest information:
Important Notices and Updates Concerning COVID-19
Testing Center Closure Information
PSI Services COVID-19 FAQ
Updated April 27, 2020:
HPCC's testing vendor, PSI, has been focused on the re-opening of its testing sites on May 1, 2020. PSI's test sites will be opened where city, state, and county jurisdictions will allow moving forward after this date. The health of our candidates and employees continues to be our top priority.
HPCC realizes its testing candidates will have questions regarding PSI's procedures to ensure employee and candidate's safety as testing centers re-open. To assits in answering these questions, PSI has created a frequently asked questions document which can be found at https://www.psionline.com/wp-content/uploads/psi-services-covid-19-faqs.pdf. HPCC encourages all candidates to review this document before scheduled exams. As questions are asked that are not included on this FAQ, HPCC and PSI will be updating it to ensure we are being responsive to questions and concerns. If you should have additional questions, candidates can contact an HPCC representative at 412-787-1057. We would be happy to assist you. Thank you for your continued support of HPCC.
Updated April 27, 2020:
HPCC has announced testing windows beginning in June and September will be extended due to new CDC guidelines on social distancing and the potential for reduced capacity within its testing centers. If you plan to take the exam in June, the testing window will be extended through July 31, 2020. If you plan to take the exam in September, the testing window will be extended through October 31, 2020. You will be able to schedule an exam based upon your needs and the availability of the testing centers in your area.
The online application deadline to apply for exams during June and July is now May 31, 2020.
The online application deadline to apply for exams during September and October is now August 15, 2020.
For complete details on the examinations, including the candidate handbook, requirements and the application process, please visit, https://advancingexpertcare.org/certification and select the credential you wish to test for this year. Please contact us at HPCC@gohpcc.org or by phone at 412-787-1057. We would be happy to answer your certification questions.
Updated March 27, 2020:
Certification renewal dates have been extended for all credentials expiring in the next few months.
Updated March 25, 2020:
HPCC's testing partner, PSI, has officially converted its offices to a work from home support system effective March 24th. For at least the next 30 days, HPCC's paper application processing and paper/pencil resourcing will not be available until the office reopens. Electronic application processing is still available. HPCC thanks all certificants and candidates for your patience as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic together.
Updated March 20, 2020:
HPCC's testing partner, PSI, has closed testing centers in the United States for 30 days, effective March 20th.
The temporary suspension of certification testing is necessary to comply with federal guidance and to protect he health of individual test takers and staff at these centers. Testing centers are expected to reopen April 13, 2020, but the specific date will depend on circumstances that are changing daily. As a result of the closure:
- All remaining scheduled candidates testing during the month of March will be cancelled, and a cancellation notice will be sent to all candidates via the email address we have on file. This email will be sent from our testing partner, PSI.
- Canceled candidates will be able to transfer to a future testing window. HPCC is waiving any transfer fees and a transfer form will not be needed to reschedule.
- Please allow 30 days before attempting to reschedule your exam if you want to test in the June 2020 window. At the end of the 30-day period, candidates can reschedule online or contact PSI for rescheduling assistance. If you would like to transfer to the June or September test window, please contact PSI at AMPExamServices@goamp.com. Once your testing window has been updated, you will be able to reschedule within that time frame online. The September 200 window opens June 1, 2020.
- PSI offices remain open for application processing and candidate services. If you have any questions regarding your certification or exam, please contact PSI directly at 833-256-1422 or AMPExamServices@goamp.com.
- The HPCC national office remains open and hours of operations are unchanged (M-F 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern). Candidates can contact an HPCC representative at 412-787-9301.
- Please check this page regularly for updates and additional information.
Special note for current CHPNAs:
- Current CHPNAs due to renew their certification March through September 2020 will be automatically extended through December 31, 2020. CHPNAs seeking recertification during that time period will be eligible to test during the June, September, and December 2020 testing windows. Candidates can contact an HPCC representative with any questions at 412-787-9301.
HPCC thanks all certificants and candidates for your patience as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic together. If there is anything we can do for you, please feel free to let us know. We would be more than happy to help.