The Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association, the Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center and the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation have leveraged strategic and operational synergies and adopted a shared mission and vision statements and common pillars of excellence.
- To Advance Expert Care in Serious Illness
- To Transform the Care and Culture of Serious Illness
Pillars of Excellence
- Education, Competence, Advocacy, Leadership, Research
The goal of Advancing Expert Care is to transform the care and culture of serious illness through six core strategies:
- Ongoing evaluation and research into the educational needs of hospice and palliative professionals;
- Designing programs, courses, and curriculum to advance expert care in serious illness;
- Advancing research into best practices of hospice and palliative care, while supporting and developing palliative nurse researchers;
- Developing nursing leadership programs at the local and national levels;
- Enhancing nursing competence through certification; and
- Creating programs to support and increase the number of nurses and other professionals, certified in hospice and palliative care.