Apply to the HPCC Board
The Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center (HPCC) is seeking experienced, energetic, and passionate professionals who will lead the provision of certification in hospice and palliative care into the future by serving on its Board of Directors starting in 2021. HPCC certifies members of the nursing team in hospice and palliative care, as well as perinatal loss care professionals. More than 15,500 professionals are currently certified by HPCC throughout the United States.
The HPCC Board of Directors is responsible for the affairs of the organization. Major responsibilities include supervision of business and financial affairs and the strategic planning component of HPCC. The board includes individuals who hold an HPCC certification, other professional certifications or have great interest in certification, as well as a public member to ensure consumer input on the board.
Recognizing the rapidly changing environment of health care and leaps in technology, the board has recently adopted a fundamental shift in process. Applicants to the HPCC Board of Directors will be asked to provide evidence of key competencies that are relevant to governance on a national board. Global skills such as personal integrity, communication skills, and strategic thinking will be requisite.
The HPCC Board is currently seeking individuals with strengths particularly in essential competencies related to:
- Financial - Investments, Audits, Management
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach / Public Advocacy
HPCC Mission Statement
To advance expert care in serious illness.
Board of Directors Description and Competencies
Download the HPCC Board of Directors description and competencies
Commitment to Service
Director obligations include the following:
- Three-year term, with the option to renew for a second three-year term
- Attendance at a minimum of three face-to-face board meetings per year, which are typically held over a weekend (city of board meeting varies)
- Active work on committees, including one hour monthly conference calls
- Participation in virtual meetings, webinars, and/or telephone conference calls,
- Other responsibilities as necessary
Please note: Expenses related to board and committee participation are reimbursed. No other remuneration is provided.