The Foundation’s Purpose
The Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation (HPNF) is dedicated to raising funds to support the professional development of hospice and palliative nursing professionals. Incorporated in 1998, this 501(c)(3) provides scholarships for education, conferences and certification along with nursing research grants and leadership awards. HPNF depends on the generous spirit of individuals, businesses and foundations to financially support its mission and to support the HPNF program of scholarships, grants and awards.
To advance expert care in serious illness.
Through a Focus On
Strategic partnerships and public engagement.
By Engaging Partners and Stakeholders Through
- Education, with the goal of enhancing professional development, knowledge, and continuing competence of nurses through educational grants, awards, and scholarships.
- Advocacy, with the goal of cultivating ideas, conversations, and innovations that advance the practice of hospice and palliative nurses.
- Leadership, with the goal of developing, advancing, and empowering current and future hospice and palliative nurse leaders.
- Research, with the goal of supporting application of evidenced-based practices and the development of hospice and palliative nurse researchers.
To Achieve Our Vision Of
To Transform the Care and Culture of Serious Illness
Nurses are Key Providers
Nurses spend more time with patients than any other member of the healthcare team. When faced with a serious illness, people turn to their nurse for education, information, and guidance. Through their care and interventions, nurses address the complex needs that face individuals and their families. They are the primary team members who assess and coordinate patient care needs that arise during the illness experience. With their knowledge about the physical, psychosocial and spiritual dimensions of illness, nurses are critical team members in assuring the comfort, autonomy, and healing of patients and families.
Grants, Scholarships and Awards Offered
HPNF is committed to generating nursing education, research and leadership opportunities to members of the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) and to the certificants of the Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center (HPCC).
Charitable Giving ~ Every Gift Makes a Difference!
HPNF cultivates charitable giving of individual and family gifts, major donor participation, corporate partnerships and grant opportunities. You can be an integral part of the mission to advance expert care in serious illness. Be a financial stakeholder! HPNF welcomes contributions of every amount.
How to Donate to HPNF
- By Telephone, 412-787-9301, and HPNF staff will personally assist you.
- Online, by clicking the button to the right.
- By Mail, click here for a donation card and send to Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation, One Penn Center West, Suite 425, Pittsburgh, PA 15276-0100.
Please remember HPNF in your will and estate planning.
The official registration and financial information of Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999; all others, 717-783-1720. Registration does not imply endorsement.