Employer Supporter Program
In 2001 HPCC initiated an Employer Supporter Program and has been committed to continuing the recognition on an annual basis for those who continue their efforts. Currently there are nearly 140 employers that have acknowledged that they support certification through HPCC.
According to Sally Welsh, HPCC CEO, “By supporting hospice and palliative nursing certification among its staff, these employers are advancing the quality of care available to the thousands of U.S. citizens who need pain management and end of life nursing services each year.” Certification is one way to help validate the competence and knowledge of the nursing staff and the Employer Supporter Program is a way to help focus greater attention on the importance of nursing in the delivery of hospice and palliative care services.
Organizations in the Employer Supporter Program have their name and location posted on our website in the tab below. Other benefits of the program include a wall certificate for display indicating participation in this program, receiving the quarterly Certification Newsletter, and eligibility to receive the annual Employer of the Year Award. Our first Employer of the Year Award was awarded in 2006.
To become part of the Employer Supporter Program, email HPCC at the following information:
- Contact information and name of person in your organization to whom acknowledgment should be sent
- Full mailing address of organization
- State how your organization supports certification (examples- study groups, reimbursement for passing the exam, salary differentials, etc); include levels as applicable (APRN, RN, Ped RN, LP/VN, NA, Administrator, and Perinatal Loss Care)
Once your organization is part of this program your agency will receive a certificate at the end of the year indicating enrollment beginning that year. You will also receive an annual mailing containing a form that we ask to be completed in its entirety and mailed back to our national office. This annual report demonstrates how your organization continues to support certification. It is from this annual update that our Employer of the Year award recipient is selected.
Thank you very much for your interest and continued support of certification.
Employer Supporter Program – Agency Supporters
- Advocate Children’s Hospital (Oak Lawn, IL)
- Agrace HospiceCare (Madison, WI)
- Ambercare Corporation (Albuquerque, NM)
- Angela Hospice Homecare Inc (Livonia, MI)
- Arkansas Hospice (North Little Rock, AR)
- AseraCare Hospice (Fort Smith, AR)
- Barnabas Health Hospice and Palliative Care Center (West Orange, NJ)
- Bluegrass Care Navigators (Lexington, KY)
- Butler VA Healthcare (Butler, PA)
- Caris Healthcare (Knoxville, TN)
- Carolinas Palliative Care and Hospice Network (Charlotte, NC)
- Catholic Hospice and Catholic Palliative Care Services (Miami Lakes, FL)
- Catskill Area Hospice and Palliative Care (Onteonta, NY)
- Cedar Valley Hospice (Waterloo, IA)
- Central VT HH & Hospice (Barre, VT)
- Circle of Life Hospice (Springdale, AR)
- Coastal Hospice (Salisbury, MD)
- Columbus Hospice (Columbus, GA)
- Comfort Care Hospice (Pelham, AL)
- Community Hospice (Modesto, CA)
- Cornerstone Hospice (Tavares, FL)
- Covenant Hospice (Pensacola, FL)
- Crater Community Hospice Inc (Petersburg, VA)
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH)
- Delaware Hospice (Milford, NE)
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican (Henderson, NV)
- Dignity Hospice & Home Health (Chapmanville, WV)
- Durham VA Medical Center (Durham, NC)
- The Elizabeth Hospice (Escondido, CA)
- Empath Health (Suncoast Hospice) (Clearwater, FL)
- Gilchrist Hospice Care (Hunt Valley, MD)
- Good Samaritan Hospice (Wexford, PA)
- Grace Hospice (Kansas City, MO)
- Great Lakes Caring Hospice (Jackson, MI)
- Guthrie Hospice (Towanda, PA)
- HealthPartners Hospice and Palliative Care (Bloomington, MN)
- Heritage Hospice (New Kensington, PA)
- Heyman HospiceCare at Floyd (Rome, GA)
- Hinds Hospice (Fresno, CA)
- Home & Hospice Care of Rhode Island (Providence, RI)
- Homeland Hospice (Harrisburg, PA)
- Hope Hospice & Palliative Care (Providence, RI)
- Hospice & Community Care (Lancaster, PA)
- Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region (Charlotte, NC)
- Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern Connecticut (Putnam, CT)
- Hospice & Palliative Care of Westchester (White Plains, NY)
- Hospice & Palliative CareCenter (Winston-Salem, NC)
- Hospice Austin (Austin,TX)
- Hospice Brazos Valley (Bryan, TX)
- HospiceCare (Charleston, WV)
- HospiceCare in the Berkshires, Inc. (Pittsfield, MA)
- Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan (Kalamazoo, MI)
- Hospice Care of the Lowcountry (Bluffton, SC)
- Hospice Compassus (Lafayette, LA)
- Hospice Family Care (Huntsville, AL)
- Hospice of Central Pennsylvania (Harrisburg, PA)
- Hospice of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH)
- Hospice of East Texas (Tyler, TX)
- Hospice of Helping Hands (West Branch, MI)
- Hospice of Lansing (Lansing, MI)
- Hospice of Michigan (Detroit, MI)
- Hospice of North Idaho (Hayden, ID)
- Hospice of Northwest Ohio (Perrysburg, OH)
- Hospice of Southern Kentucky (Bowling Green, KY)
- Hospice of Southwest Ohio Inc. (Cincinnati, OH)
- Hospice of Spokane (Spokane, WA)
- Hospice of St. Francis (Titusville, FL)
- Hospice of the Chesapeake (Pasadena, MD)
- Hospice of the Comforter (Altamonte Springs, FL)
- Hospice of the Golden Isles, Inc. (Brunswick, GA)
- Hospice of the Valley (Phoenix, AZ)
- Hospice of the Western Reserve (Cleveland, OH)
- Hospice of Tift Area (Tifton, GA)
- Hospice of Wichita Falls (Wichita Falls, TX)
- Hospice Plus (Dallas, TX)
- Hospice Savannah (Savannah, GA)
- Infinity Hospice Care (Phoenix, AZ)
- Iowa City Hospice (Iowa City, IA)
- JourneyCare (Barrington, IL)
- Kindred Hospice (San Marcos, TX)
- Main Line Health System (Philadelphia, PA)
- Mary Washington Hospice (Fredericksburg, VA)
- McCortney Family Hospice (Ada, OK)
- Methodist Alliance Hospice (Memphis, TN)
- MJHS Hospice and Palliative Care (New York, NY)
- Odyssey Hospice (Temple, TX)
- Odyssey Hospice (San Antonio, TX)
- Ohio’s Hospice (Dayton, OH)
- Old Colony Hospice (Randolph, MA)
- Optimal Health Services (Bakersfield, CA)
- Partners in Home Care (Missoula, MT)
- Pathways Hospice (Fort Collins, CO)
- Residential Hospice (Troy, MI)
- Rice Hospice (Willmar, MN)
- Rockbridge Area Hospice (Lexington, VA)
- Schneck Medical Center (Seymour, IN)
- Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care (Rosemont, IL)
- Serenity Hospice and Home (Oregon, IL)
- Sharon S. Richardson Community Hospice (Sheboygan Falls, WI)
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare Hospice (Edgewood, KY)
- St. Mary’s Health Care System (Athens, GA)
- Sutter Care at Home (Santa Rose, CA)
- Transitions LifeCare (Raleigh, NC)
- TrustBridge Health (West Palm Beach, FL)
- University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Benioff Children’s Hospital (San Francisco, CA)
- Visiting Nurse (Fort Wayne, IN)
- Visiting Nurse and Hospice for VT and NH (White River Junction, VT)
- VITAS Healthcare (Dallas, TX)
- Vitas Innovative Hospice Care, Miami-Dade & Monro Counties (North Miami Beach, FL)
- VNA Of Indiana County (Indiana, PA)
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare (Milwaukee, WI)
Employer of the Year Award
The Employer of the Year Award is an annual award presented to an organization that has provided sustained support of the HPCC certification program for hospice and palliative caregivers. The first Employer of the Year award was awarded in 2006 to Columbus Hospice in Columbus, GA. Columbus Hospice continues to demonstrate support of its nurses and their certification accomplishments.
Criteria for Award
- The employer demonstrates a history of supporting certification and is currently enrolled in the HPCC Employer Supporter Program.
- The employer actively endorses and promotes certification, demonstrated by such actions as:
- Financial support for certification examination and/or preparation for the examination.
- Salary recognition upon attainment and renewal of HPCC credentials.
- Facility recognition activities for achievement of HPCC credentials.
- Incorporation of certification into job descriptions or clinical ladder.
- Annual update form (which will be mailed to eligible employers annually) must be submitted to the HPCC National Office by June 1st deadline.
- An organization/facility which employs members of the HPCC Board are not eligible to receive this award during the term of the Board member.
- Selection will be determined by the HPCC Awards Selection Subcommittee/Board.
- An organization /facility cannot be selected more than once in a ten year period.
- Gift item (as determined by the Board) presented to the award recipient*
- The Employer of the Year Award recipient will be featured in an issue of the HPCC certification newsletter.
*The recipient of the award is strongly encouraged to receive the award in person based on instructions in the award recipient letter. A monetary stipend has been established to assist with travel costs and related expenses.
If you have any further questions regarding the Employer Supporter Program or the Employer of the Year Award please contact HPCC at email@example.com or 412-787-1057.